Skimlinks

Monday 29 April 2013

L'Oreal CC Cream: Anti-Redness // Sample Review

The CC cream on its own // Under makeup





















CC Creams are the current 'new wonder product' in the beauty world at the moment, and I must admit I have been thoroughly intrigued. So when I discovered that the L'Oreal website were handing out free samples I snapped one up! Fast forward about a month, and I had completely forgotten about it, but lo and behold, there was the sample in the post! I had selected the anti-redness version out of the three (anti-fatigue and anti-dullness being the other 2 options) because I do get quite a red complexion, which I usually cover with copious amounts of concealer.

So what did I think? Well... in all honesty this is not a product that I will be purchasing. The liquid is bright green, but this quickly blends away to a very orange tone. It initially felt tacky on my skin, and despite a smooth application looked extremely patchy. As I thought this was meant to be along the lines of a BB cream, I was shocked by the bare minimal coverage and horrendous orange tone. I am not sure whether on someone less pale this would be as stark, but it looked terrible. You can see this in the first of the photos above.

Having decided to use it more as a primer for my normal base, I have to admit that it blended really well with my foundation. However because of the colour, I needed to use far more foundation than I usually do to eradicate this. On the flip side though I hardly needed to use any concealer on my usual red patches, because the green tones had simply removed them! Win! Saying this, the combination of the CC cream and my foundation was just far too heavy and cakey, and I felt the need to douse myself in Mac Fix+ to freshen my face and melt the products into my skin.

All in all, I don't think this product is worth having. I feel the whole CC cream thing is just another gimmick trying to capitalize on the success of the BB creams. However I would like to know your experiences of  them! Have you tried the other colours? Have you enjoyed using them, or like me found them unnecessary?

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, I have been very intrigued but might hold back for a bit more now that I hear this! It does SOUND cool though but I mean which products doesn't? I guess it is as you say just another unnecessary product :) Loved this review though! xx Em

    www.someoneinthecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goji Cream in Pakistan,Lahore,Karachi,Islamabad Original Hendel`s Garden Revitalizing Cream in Pakistan www.EtsyTeleShop.Com

    Goji Cream in Pakistan For Order Click Here

    Hendel's Garden Goji Cream Price In Pakistan - As A Rule, Most People Suppose That There Is Only One Method To Fight Wrinkles And Other Signs Of Aging. People Discuss Botox And Plastic Surgery And Can’T Believe That There Is An Innovational Brand-New Way To Hide Your Real Age And Look Younger Goji Cream in Lahore EtsyTeleShop.Com.

    Goji Cream in Pakistan For Order Click Here


    Pakistan Biggest Online Shopping Store For Men And Women Shop Your Self Click Here >>>> Www.EtsyTeleShop.Com

    ReplyDelete