Skimlinks

Monday 5 January 2015

Giving up makeup??


It's a new year, to be sure, but Winter is far from over: in fact where I live it has only just begun. And my skin is really feeling it. I've written about the importance of skincare, and I've blabbed on and on about moisturising your skin on my channel since it began almost 2 years ago (... omg has it really been 2 years?!) Anyway this year one of my resolutions is to take better care of myself, and one of the ways I am doing this is by being less reliant on makeup. Hopefully this will also sort my skin out as well!

Don't get me wrong, I love makeup. I love applying it, I love how it looks and how it feels when you buy a new piece and it's so full of promise! But recently I have lost myself quite a bit on a personal level and I feel like my personality has almost been taken over by the fact that I am passionate about the world of beauty, and that I always wear a full face of makeup. I don't want to be known just for makeup!

And so whilst I will continue to make tutorials, and hauls, and collection videos, and my content probably won't change all that much, on a personal level I want to wear and buy less. I just think it's healthy to rein it in a little, and be more comfortable going bare-faced now and again, without apologising or feeling ugly.

& I think my skin will thank me too

x

No comments:

Post a Comment