Skimlinks

Tuesday 23 October 2012

My Top Ten October Beauty Faves!



So Summer is officially long gone, and the season's cold, wet and dreary weather has firmly settled in. Sad times for us. However with the season change, I thought I would share with you lovely people who read this little baby-bloglet of mine, my top ten October beauty favourites! I have tried to use products that I have recently discovered and hence used a lot throughout this month, but a few longtime-loves have sneaked their way in. Anyway, without further ado here they are:

Mac Lipstick in Taupe - This was the first Mac Cosmetics product that I ever bought, and it doesn't disappoint! You may think that this was an odd choice for my first time purchase, (because I am extremely pale, and this lipstick is a deep brown), but ever since I bought it at the beginning of summer I have adored it! If I layer it over a bright red lip liner, such as this Barry M lip liner in Red, it really warms the face, whilst keeping it neutral. Without the red base, this lipstick gives a much more edgy look, which is perfect for this Autumn and Winter!

Kiko Lipstick in 614 - Kiko is a makeup brand that is special for me and my friends, because everytime we go on holiday as a group we stumble upon and raid it! So when I stumbled a Kiko store in Lucca with my family, I had to buy something! This colour is gorgeous, incredibly suitable for Autumn, and one I had been lusting after ever since I saw the YSL Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick in Rouge Saadi, therefore I had to get it! It is a very buildable lispstick, which works well as I like to scale up the intensity of the colour to use the lipstick from day to night.

Mythic Oil by L'Oréal Professionnel - I am obsessed with hair oils, and L'Oréal Professionnel's Mythic Oil is my current hair-oil-bestie. Hair oils all tame flyaways, smooth frizz, and generally sleek-ify hair, and Mythic Oil does all these things wondrously! Also I loved the free P&P from FeelUnique: what a steal!

Velcro Hair Rollers - I have been attempting the Chelsea blow-dry for a few weeks, in order to control my thick, curly and damaged hair, and I think I am beginning to master it! These rollers, in large and small/ baby pink and hot pink, were only a few pounds per pack from Primark (bargain) so if you have been tempted at all to give rollers a go, now there is no excuse!

Wild Curls Mascara by 17 - I would probably have never bought this, as I adore the Benefit mascaras, but this was given out free at Fresher's Fair, and I love it! It makes your lashes very fluttery and is buildable so you can make your eyelashes as dramatic as you like!

Lee Stafford Hair Growth Treatment - If you are, like I am, trying to grow your hair long (perhaps in order to save money on scarfs and earmuffs) give this product a try! It smells good, deeply conditions your hair, and the head massage you give yourself in order to use this product correctly is incred. I bought 2 tubs, and after 1 month have just finished my first. Does it work? Well my hair is longer, so who knows? I would like to think that it has helped my hair grow, but I think I i'll use it until the second tub is finished until I make my final decision on this product!

Aussie Miracle Shine Shampoo & Conditioner - I am the biggest fan of Aussie hair products: they just smell incredible and they do what they say on the tub. This new shampoo and conditioner duo was irresistible for an Aussie addict like myself, and I must say I did notice shinier hair having used them together! Success!

Rimmel London Wake Me Up Foundation - this foundation really does give you a dewy complexion, and with the Wintery weather setting in, my skin at least needs all the artificial glow it can get!

Dove Firming Moisturising Lotion - every Autumn/ Winter I search for the perfect moisturizer that can protect my skin from the cold, and this one is up there as one of the best! Whilst I'm not convinced about it's firming qualities, this product is runny, which means that a little bit goes a long way, whilst also leaving my skin feeling silky smooth for days!

Jimmy Choo Perfume - oh Jimmy Choo how I love you! I have had this perfume for ages, but I have recently rediscovered it, and now I wear it everyday again! It just smells divine, and makes me feel all happy inside! Also, did you know this is the only perfume that has toffee in it?? How seasonally appropriate :P




And there you have it :) Thank you for reading, I hoped you enjoyed it, and feel free to recommend/ share with me your current favourite beauty products xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment