Skimlinks

Wednesday 30 January 2013

My Current Five Favourite Lipsticks

I am sure by now you have realised that the fashion world is screaming at us that the current season is 'A TRANSITIONAL PERIOD', even though the snow has only just melted. Thank god for that on a side note, as snow is horrific stuff that I absolutely hate (too many bad experiences :P hahaha). However, the year is heading very slowly towards Spring, and then Summer, and makeup, just like clothes adapts to the weather. Therefore, my current 5 favourite lipsticks range from the taupe and red of autumn/ winter, to the pink and peach of spring/summer.




























First up I am currently in love with Topshop in All About Me, which is a dark toned 'barbie' pink. It is a vibrant and striking colour, but actually because of the deep-ness of the colour it doesn't look trashy or too much at all. Topshop lipsticks in general are really good quality, with lovely applications and pigmentation. I am also loving Whimsical by Topshop, which is a pale peach. It is just the prettiest colour, and I love to wear it both if I am having a fairly natural face and also if I have done heavier eye makeup than usual, for example a smoky eye, as it just balances my face out.

On the more winter side, I am still in love with my Mac lipstick in Taupe. This was my first ever product by Mac, and I just adore it! Taupe is a red toned brown, which looks scary, but is super flattering and wintery and I love it. The formula is Matte, but is really creamy and easy to apply. The main reason I love this lipstick is that it is such a stand out colour, but because of the red undertones it still flatters my skin tone and looks good. I have also put my Rimmel London by Kate Moss in 01 lipstick in my current favourites. This is a brick-red lipstick, which I use so often I have snapped the end off. Oops. hahaha. I am a red-lip-lover, and this lipstick just fulfills my red-lip needs! It is a lovely rich colour, the formulation is pigmented and smooth and it stands up well as a generally good lippy!

Finally I will mention Maxfactor in Lilac Wine, which is a gold iridescent purple, which when applied looks like a heightened-natural lip colour. If that makes any sense. I like to wear this if I am not doing anything that warrens a heavily-made-up face, but I want to just complete my face with lipstick. It is a really lovely colour, and is smooth, easy to apply and (if it is not weird to say) smells really good. hahaha.

So there you have it! My favourite lipsticks at the present time :) If you want to see the colours check out the video below, and don't forget to subscribe to my channel as well :)




No comments:

Post a Comment