Skimlinks

Thursday 7 March 2013

February Favourites!


































So what on Earth happened there?! I have only just got over the shock that it is February and now, BOOM, it's March! Woah! Hey 2013, wanna slow down a touch? hahaha Hello friends of the internet! Seeing as March has snuck right up on us, I thought it is about time I told you all about the lovely products that I have loved this past month :) This is coming to you a little later than I originally planned, as I was struck down last week with a nasty case of flu. Very convenient timing I can assure you. *grumblegrumblegrumbe*

It makes sense to work clockwise round this here image, so first up I will tell you about the lovely lip combination from Lush, of their Popcorn Lip Scrub and Honey Trap Lip Balm. These gorgeous tasting (and smelling) products not only wonderfully smooth dry of chapped lips, which I suffered from this month thanks to the Arctic conditions, but at made from all natural ingredients. This is a big plus! One product I have also been loving, which is in no way natural, however, is the Soap & Glory Dr Spot gel. This is an acid gel which works well at working deep into troublesome spots and, basically shifts them! I had a stubborn monster which graced my chin with it's presence early in the month, and at first I just let it do its thing until I remembered I had this lying around, and decided to fight it. I can assure you Dr Spot is a lifesaver, although it did take a few applications to work, and is by no means a quick fix!

This month I have been trying to shake up my makeup routine, and have begun to really enjoy using my Real Techniques Contour Brush to pat in my concealer, as I feel it makes very light work of blending it into my foundation, leaving a flawless finish. I have also begun to use my Benefit Shadow Liner more and more this month, to create more dramatic contoured eyes, and also to line under my lower lash-line to exaggerate the smokey effect. I have also reverted to using my Benefit Hard Angle Brush on my eyebrows, having had a brief flirtation with my old eyebrow pencil.

In terms of makeup, I have a few favourites I want to mention. My favourite lip product of the month has, hands down, got to be the Apocalips by Rimmel London. I love the whole line, but my favourite, and most worn colour has to be Galaxy. The colour is divine! It is super flattering, glossy, sumptuous and I have worn it almost every day. I have also been loving the Max Bold Curves Mascara by Rimmel, as it really does create long, curved lashes, which make my eyes look more awake and brighter.

Towards the end of February I purchased the new Collection Illuminating Touch Brightening Concealer, and it has replaced their Lasting Perfection for use use under and around my eyes. Whilst it doesn't have the same coverage, it does make my eyes look brighter and healthier. All month long however I have been enjoying two Maxfactor products. The first is a nail varnish that I had lying around since the Jubilee, which was the Max Effect Mini Nail Varnish in Cappuccino. This brown-toned grey was my go-to colour for February, to be honest I am not 100% sure why, but it is a classy yet versatile colour, which worked for me all month. The second is the Miracle Touch Creamy Blush in Soft Pink. I love how this cream blush is extremely buildable, and also blends away really nicely so that you can create a pale wash of pink, for a healthy glow.

Finally onto hair products. I have been loving the surprisingly tea tree scented Bumble & Bumble Tonic Lotion detangler and leave in conditioner. This product is extremely good quality, and also a little really goes a long way. I have also been using the Frizz Ease Perfecting Creme to smooth away frizziness in between washes this month. This is a product that was my Holy Grail a few years ago, but I suddenly stopped using. I haven't fallen back quite so in love with it, but I have remembered that it is a good problem solver product!

Okay so those were my favourites! What have been your favourite products of late? Are there any new products that you have your eye on, or are loving?



1 comment:

  1. really want to try the bits from lush!

    B xxx

    beautyandtheb1.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete